T: 250.638.8970
E: info@kleanza.com

What do we do

Remote Access to Archaeological Data (RAAD)

Because Archaeological sites are protected by law, property owners and developers are required to obtain a Site Alteration Permit prior to developing within the boundaries of an archaeological site. There are potential costs and limitations and because of this, it is imperative that known archaeological site information  is disclosed as part of a real estate transaction. Archaeological sites are not noted on a certificate of land title, so you will have to check the Provincial Archaeological Site Inventory to determine if there is a record of a protected site on the subject property. The easiest way to do this is to have us perform an inexpensive RAAD search for you through the Remote Access to Archaeological Data, which is a government managed database of up- to-date known, recorded archaeological sites within the province of BC.

If you need a RAAD search, please contact us.

Download Real Estate and Land Development Q&A pdf!